Who must perform the Fat Tolerance Test
The LIPOTEST meal is indicated for patients with high risk for cardiovascular events such as:
• Patients with known coronary heart disease or stroke
• Patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 or 1 with microalbuminaimia
• Patients with chronic renal failure
• Patients with a 10 year risk SCORE ≥ 10%
• Patients with SCORE ≥ 5% for fatal cardiovascular event
or 10% at 10 years for fatal cardiovascular event.
The LIPOTEST meal is indicated for people who may have postprandial hypertriglyceridemia such as:
• Hypertensive people
• Overweight-obese with a body mass index (BMI)> 27kg/m2
• Menopausal women
• Elderly> 65 years
• People with metabolic syndrome
• People with low levels of HDL cholesterol in plasma.
Many of clinical studies confirmed that the above mentioned categories of patients have increased postprandial triglyceride levels.